Data Loss Prevention
Many organisations are investigating a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Strategy. Organisations are concerned that one of their prime assets, Data will find its way in to the wrong hands, either maliciously or accidently and cannot afford to the harm to their business, let alone fines due to a regulatory requirement violation. The problem with today’s DLP solutions is that they often do not include the end user and too often return so many false positives that the system ends up being run in monitor mode.
Where DLP Starts
Make sure only the right people have access to the right data at all times.
Varonis enables organizations to audit data access activity, fix access controls, identify sensitive data, find data owners and involve them in automated authorization processes. Varonis enables only the right people to have access to the right data at all times. Learn More.
Allow The End User To Apply Data Classification MetaData Upon Creation
- Educates users by enforcing corporate policy and providing instant feedback: Enforces policy within the application so that users receive targeted, interactive education that does not disrupt their workflow.
- Improves productivity by enabling users to self–remediate policy violations: Enables users to self-remediate policy violations through options such as editing the content, redacting sensitive sections, and removing unauthorized recipients.
- Enhances DLP by adding metadata tags: Adds metadata tags to email and documents to enable Enterprise DLP solutions to make better policy decisions.
- Engages end users to actively identify sensitive content: Allows end users to identify sensitive content in email and documents, rather than relying solely on automated content scanners.
- Raises awareness by applying visual markings: Adds visual markings to email and documents so that internal and external recipients know how to handle the information.
Data Loss Prevention Solutions Include:
- Aware for Outlook: Prevents email data loss by bringing user driven security to the desktop, where users are educated on security policy and given the ability to remediate potential data breaches before they happen.
- Message Classification: Classifies, labels, and protectively marks email in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Web Access, and mobile devices.
- Classification for Microsoft Office: Classifies, labels, and protectively marks documents in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.